The Administration Assistant will be responsible for administrative support for the Adminstration & Facilities Manager, Ministry staff & Church Wardens.
This role will be a fulltime 5 days (37.5 hours) per week position. There is flexibility for the position to be job shared and part time applicants will be considered.
The Administration Assistant will report to the Administration & Facilities Manager and the Church Wardens.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn more about working in a not for profit organisation and church administration. You will work alongside and be learning from others with a great breadth of administration and organisational experience.
Qualities and Skills
As Administration Assistant, you will have strong organisational and communication skills with a welcoming disposition for the church front office. You will have great attention to detail and be committed to learning and implementing new skills. You will enjoy working in a team environment. Experience with Microsoft office, Adobe suite, Elvanto and Propresenter are desired but not essential.
- Manage reception for all incoming mail, calls, emails and visitors.
- Manage facility calendar bookings (in conjunction with Admin & Facilities Manager)
- Maintain Parish Registers
- Some general tidying and cleaning as needed
Administration Support – Database & Communications
- Database entry, maintenance & reporting using Elvanto
- Oversight of the Database including optimising processes and reports
- Church Membership database support
- Keeping the Website up to date
- Social media management
- Some design tasks eg. Graphics for advertising sermons & events
- Weekly email compilation and distribution
- Some video editing
Administration Support – Sunday Services
- Oversee Sunday service preparations
- Oversee CCLI reporting
- Organise lyric slides for Sunday services including liaising with Mandarin song translation team
- Assisting volunteer team leaders in rostering & managing volunteers
- Assist Service & Events minister with service planning & logistics
- Preparing & printing run sheets
- Music filing
- Other support to Ministry staff and Admin & Facilities manager as required
As time and abilities allow, you will have opportunities to assist the Administration and Facilities Manager in matters such as:
- Overseeing any major projects the church undertakes
- Reviewing and adapting the efficiency of current administration processes and structures
- Growing and managing the external events business of the church
- Managing and executing governance matters on behalf of the wardens
- Overseeing management of the property and facilities
To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org